Wednesday 13 October 2010

here and there

a BIG thanks to my good friend Christine from Holy Cross who redesigned my blog!! She is amazing! Keep an eye out for all kinds of great tips on her blog {bun&borough}. It really is fun and creative!

As per usual, I have been bopping around town when I'm not holed up in the library, wandering around and enjoying the splendor of this charming town, even if I haven't seen the sun in a few days.

Luckily, one huge perk about living in St Andrews is all of the golf tournaments that we are lucky enough to witness. Unfortunately, I wasn't here for the British Open this summer. However, the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship was just played here the other day, meaning that many celebrities were frequenting our local pubs and hangouts. We were desperately walking around hoping to catch a glimpse of Hugh Grant or Samuel L. Jackson, both of whom were paired up with professionals in the tournament. Although the day of the final was freezing and the wind was whipping against my face, there was nothing better than sitting in the stands above the 18th hole green. Friends beside me and famous golfers in front of me. Life is good.

A few pics to make up for the lack of my photo du jour in the past few days...


The 18th hole. 


beauty.


this poor chap's ball landed right on the pavement. oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment